Saturday, March 5, 2011

You and Me...

Hello! I am SO EXCITED to be guest designer for Market Street Stamps for the month of March. Here is my first card! ;) For my card I used three different stamp sets. Firstly, I used the Hearts a Plenty stamp to create my background paper. I stamped it with distress embossing ink and then heat embossed it with white powder.


I used a few different techniques on the Of The Same Tree stamp. I stamped the Bit of Burlap background stamp on kraft cardstock with Colorbox fluid chalk in in Chesnut Roan. I then stamped Of the Same Tree with distress embossing ink and heat embossed it with UTEE. Then I cut the tree trunk out. I stamped the tree again with distress ink in Shabby Shutters and then cut out the top portion. I sprayed it with glimmer mist in Key Lime to add a pretty shimmer. And finally, I used the sakura glaze pen in clear to add shine to the individual leaves. You can see the shine a little bit better here...


Well, that's my first project for the month! I had tons of fun creating it! Pop over to the Market Street Stamps BLOG to see all the other awesome work from the designers. Inspiration awaits!

♥ Nikki ♥

11 comments:

  1. BELLA bella bella!!!!!!!!!!! Love those Market Street Stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I LOVE everything about this card!!!!!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Nikki, I LOVE all the different embossing you did!! This looks sooo cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love what you did with the leaves on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a WONDERFUL card Nikki!!! I absolutely love all the embossing techniques you used!!!

    Wendy, aka Roo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love everything about this card. It's so PRETTY!!! Thank you for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Nikki and I'm lovin all the embossing techniques you used! I just love your style! Your cards ALWAYS amaze me!! Big hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is awesome! I love that heart background..very cute!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!