Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello

Hiya! Happy Monday! I finally used the Sophie Cricut Circle Cartridge today. :) This is my favorite of all the circle cartridges so far...SO PRETTY! This is just one of the card features on this cartridge. It is just two cuts...the kraft card base...and a white circle to go on the inside. I used a pencil and lightly traced around the design onto the white circle inside. I then used distress inks in shabby shutters, peeled paint, tumbled glass, and broken china to color in the image. 
After I colored it I misted it with perfect pearls in a mini mister to get this look. If you let the ink dry all the way you'll just get shine without the splotches...I like the look of the splotches. The sentiment is from the This and That set from MyCreativeTime

Hope you're having a FAB day! 

♥ Nikki ♥


13 comments:

  1. Very nice--your bow is beautiful and a perfect match!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly lovely - love all of your choices from color to materials! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another masterpiece. I love your coloring technique. Smooches.. Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I just used my Sophie this weekend too for the first time...you are right - it's a very pretty cartridge. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color combinations, the card is very pretty.
    I am off to check out this Sophie cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable. I would love to see a video on how you made this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Nikki! The way you colored the bottom layer is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki, this is SO super gorgeous!!!! I just love the window effect and of course the beautiful effect. SO super pretty! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the inking you did!! Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh pretty. Love the colors and the pretty cutouts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! gorgeous! Did you use the negative of a cut or how exactly did you get it to cut like that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! This is SOOO PRETTY!!!! I LOVE it!!! Now I need to wipe the dust off my cartridge & use it too!;)
    BIG HUGE HUGS!
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!