Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One stamp...2 cards

Hello! I got my new Market Street Stamps in the mail and was super excited to start playing with them. I just LOVE this floral image called GROW sooooo much! I decided to make 2 cards....one being very simple and the other more labor intensive. For this first card, I stamped the Grow stamp on sticky back canvas with black archival ink. I pulled out some threads to unravel the edges...
I finished it off with some pearls {that match in real life} and some twine and a button. The button is from last month's Peachy Picks Kit. SUPER SIMPLE card, but it's cool because of the canvas texture. And here is the labor intensive card...
Totally different look, right?! This is why stamping is SO AWESOME! :) For this card I spent a LONG time paper piecing. I cut out everything {even the teeny tiny bits}. I used paper from the Walk in the Park collection by Echo Park. I seriously love how this card turned out!
To finish, I added liquid pearls and glossy accents. OH I should mention that I used the scraps of patterned paper that I used for paper piecing to make the background. Waste not........ ;)

♥ Nikki ♥






15 comments:

  1. love the stamping on canvas - but the 2nd card is FABULOUS. love the warm colors. you rocked the paper piecing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can only imagine how long that must have taken but the results are spectacular!!! Love the colors against the black background! It's fabulous! The canvas one is so pretty too! What a beautiful stamp!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! 2 totally different looking cards! Super cute!!

      Delete
  3. Both are beautiful...love the coloured one!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Miss Nikki! This FANTABULOUS!! Love the versatility in the one stamp... You are a magician with paper piecing!!
    GinasCreativePlace.blogspot.com
    babi96 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your cards are beautiful. You are very patient with all those paper piercing.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki they are both SO beautiful! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh- such a pretty background and I really love how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki ~ I LOVE how they both turned out! The first one ~ OMG ~ I have something like that paper but it doesn't have sticky stuff! LOVE that look! LOVE how you did those edges! The second card ~ WOW! Talk about labor intensive but absolutely PERFECTION! Just shows how you can use one stamp different ways! AWESOME job ~ as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikki, love both of the cards, the canvas one is very cool and I love how you did the colored one. WOW, alot of work paper piecing that one together but the results are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Two gorgeous cards, and so vastly different. You've shown a beautiful example of how to get totally different looks by changing the technique you use. Both cards are truly stunning, Nikki! I'll say it again... GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your colors ..... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOSH, NIKKI!! This is to die for beautiful!! I LOVE IT!! YOU are awesomeness at it's best! :)
    Love ya! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS job with both cards Nikki!they both look AMAZING,Have a great day my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!