Wednesday, August 29, 2012

bright butterflies

Hello! Are you blind? Hehe this is a bright one! :) I got the idea for the color scheme and wavy white lines from watching Big Brother. Their furniture and lamps are these colors, and they have a wavy white wall. I white heat embossed the Woodgrain Background from Market Street Stamps. I colored it with mustard seed and crushed olive distress markers. The orange is ripe persimmon distress ink. Since it doesn't come in distress marker form I made a "paint" with it and used a paint brush to paint it on. Just squished some ink onto my craft sheet and added a little water to make the "paint". I white heat embossed the Two Step Butterfly from Market Street Stamps and colored them with mustard seed, crushed olive, and ripe persimmon distress inks. 
I added glossy accents to the butterflies. They look really cool in real life! OH I forgot to say that I used watercolor paper for the butterflies. Ok, that's it...I hope you didn't go blind. hehe.

Check out Emma's challenge HERE.

Check out a fun mini technique hop HERE.

OH...and here's an awesome sale...Blitsy has memento inks and reinkers on sale super cheap. Go HERE to sign up for free and have fun shopping! :)


11 comments:

  1. well if that isn't the coolest! you are the inky background queen for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wavy lines rock! Trinski

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Nikki!!! LOVE seeing how you use those Distress Inks and love the butterfly with the woodgrain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous...love those colours...especially the background!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were right! I should NOT have looked @ this before I went to bed LOL.....I am VERY AWAKE NOW! Hahaha! I think your card came out PERFECT like ALWAYS!
    Big HUGE HUGS!
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niiki ~ Oh how COOL and GROOVY is this card! I have to say using that background stamp and then coloring it with those colors was soooo thinking outside the box!!! It doesn't even look like woodgrain because of those cool colors! WOW! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Blitsy shout out - LOVE the cards, too!

    Katy
    Community Manager, Blitsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors are so '70s!! I love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card. I love me some Big Brother too. (lol) Smooches...

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!